Database is borked, need help

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Sep 23 00:25:13 CEST 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Chris Wilkes wrote:

> > RECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>
> Usually a simple
>   bogoutil -d ./wordlist.db | bogoutil -l ./wordlist.db-new
> will re-recreate your wordlist for you in the file wordlist.db-new

...which would than have to be renamed to wordlist.db.

Unfortunately, if the DB environment is in "panic state" (printing the
"run database recovery" message), bogoutil will print the same, so
db_recover or the db_dump/db_load procedure you gave below (quoted again for
reference) will be the way to go.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)