many spams suddenly getting through

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Mon Sep 13 13:56:39 CEST 2004

I've been using bogofilter on a one-person machine for a month or so and it
works very well (only a few spams sneak through each day out of a few hundred
email; no false positives yet). Suddenly, yesterday and today, massive
amounts of spams are getting through. Just now, 12 spams did *not* get spammy
enough spamicity scores to get "caught". This is out of about 80 emails total
that just came in, 60 of them *were* marked as spam. Results  throughout the
day yesterday were similar.

The messages are getting scored, there is just suddenly a huge increase in the
number of spams that are getting by my db. This seems bizarre.

Ideas why this might happen?

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com