IMAP / bogofilter

robin-lists at robinbowes.com robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Thu Sep 2 21:59:56 CEST 2004

The directories could be named whatever you like.

> > All incoming mail is filtered through bogofilter.
> Is this per user wordlists?

Yes, though per site word lists would be possible too.

> Are you using Bogofilter with maildrop?

Yes.

> Does this setup reject mail at the SMTP level?

No. It filters as it delivers. If you were using a site-wide wordlists it
would be pretty easy to scan incoming mail with bogofilter and either reject
it if spam were detected, though that carries the risk of losing mail
through false positives.

> > If spam is detected it is dropped in the user's SPAM folder.
> No legal liability!
>
> > If any spam slips through the user simply drops the mail
> into the UNDETECTED folder.
> > A cron job runs periodically, checking all users UNDETECTED
> folders and re-processing any messages as spam.
> > Similarly, false positives can be dropped into the
> MISDETECTED folder and re-processed as ham.
>
> Elegant user-trained system.  Nice reuse of resources, and it solves
> the problem of detecting movement of mail from Spam to Inbox & vica
> versa.  Do you find that users drop e-mail into the wrong box?

Well, I'm the only user, and I manage OK :)

I think site-wide wordlists would be better for computer-illiterate users.

Are you thinking of implementing something like this? Are you hiring? ;-)

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com