two wordlists

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Oct 31 18:13:09 CET 2004

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 08:28:57 -0800
Jef Poskanzer wrote:

> Is there a way for bogofilter to use two databases at once?  I'm
> experimenting with exporting the spam words from my (huge) database
> for use by others.  For doing this one time I can just use bogoutil -l
> to merge my words in with their words - I checked, and if there's
> an overlap then it adds the counts together, just like it should.
> Very nice.  But if I want to send out weekly updates, that would
> not work since it would keep adding my words in each week without
> getting rid of the previous week's additions.
>
> What I'm thinking about is an option for bogofilter to search two
> wordlists, first a local one and then an imported one.  Training
> feedback would only go to the local wordlist.

Hi Jef,

Bogofilter can do that!  See the FAQ - "Can I use multiple wordlists?".

The implementation is quite flexible and powerful. The "order" parameter
is the key.  It can be used to give 1 wordlist precedence over another
or given equal precedence to a set of wordlists, i.e. 'merge' their
info.  Likely you'll need to experiment a bit with the type and order
parameters to see how they work together, but I think you'll be able to
do what you want.

David

P.S.  'Tis good to hear from you -- you've been quiet recently.