Dropping TDB (was HEADS UP: QDBM and TDB future)

Gyepi SAM gyepi at praxis-sw.com
Mon Oct 25 19:11:56 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 06:50:35PM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Speaking of RISC-OS, when we switch over to 0.93, making the new
> BerkeleyDB Transactional Store code the default (to avoid data base
> corruption), we're considering discontinuing support for TDB (this is
> almost sure) and QDBM.

It appears that I am the only TDB user and as such am willing to maintain a
local TDB version if necessary. There's no sense carrying around a database
version for such a small user base. I should point out, nonetheless, that I have been
using TDB since I first introduced it and have had absolutely no database
problems. It is, as Matthias has mentioned previously, rather slow but I have
no desire to improve this.

Unless anyone objects, I would drop TDB support.

-Gyepi