Using bogofilter with local Maildirs (and offlineimap)

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 19:41:02 CEST 2004

Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 09:00:03AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Gyepi SAM <gyepi at praxis-sw.com> writes:
>
>>You need maildircmd and safecat [1], both written by Len Budney.
>
>> Safecat has a difficult license that makes _assumptions_ on how DJB has
>> licensed his code that Len Budley took into safecat, when in fact DJB
>> hasn't issued a license at all; and may be a possible copyright
>> violation.
>
> According to the safecat man page, the code was written from scratch
> after studying the qmail implementation. IANAL, but that would imply
> that DJB has no rights to any safecat code.

Maybe you have an older (and incidentally unsafe WRT file name
generation) version, newer versions were rewritten to use DJB's
libraries (whoever would do such nonsense, using DJB's libraries in C is
next to using assembler). Choose your poison.

> Sorry, that's what I meant. In fact, with maildrop, one can eliminate safecat
> altogether. As I recall, maildrop generates collision free maildir
> filenames.

Yes indeed, recent versions do.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)