Using bogofilter with local Maildirs (and offlineimap)

Bob Vincent bogofilter at bobvincent.org
Wed Oct 6 15:48:56 CEST 2004

I used to run it this way; stopped when it got to be too much of a
hassle.

Offlineimap crashes when there are too many differences between the
local and remote maildir.  When this happens, the only way to get it
back into sync is to delete its local index file for that particular
spool and then re-sync.  Depending on the direction of the re-sync, I
would lose either the local changes I had made, or any new mail that
had arrived in the remote spool.

Also, offlineimap sometimes got out of sync if mail arrived in a spool
while it was sync'ing that spool.  Partly this is due to the way that
the imap server at Pair Networks operates; you may have better luck
with your ISP.

--
Robert August Vincent, II
(pronounced "Bob" or "Bob-Vee")