Frequency of wordlist.db reorgs?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Oct 4 00:11:36 CEST 2004

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004, Charles Hewson wrote:

> 	My wordlist grows about 10% each week. Current .MSG_COUNT
> spam 27000 ham 10000. If I do bogoutil -d .... |bogoutil -l ..... it
> reduces the disk from 4.21M to 2.30M. Logically this would cost some
> when tokens are added by bogofilter -u. Is this the best way to control
> disk usage? Should I make a weekly cron script? Would tracking output
> of db_stat give helpful input?

It might, or it might not. I doubt we'll learn much new. I presume the
gradual growth of the data base causes more page splits and hence a
lower fill factor ("ff" in db_stat -d output) than a bulk load of the
data base, which feeds all existing tokens in order.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)