Training question

Chris Wilkes cwilkes-bf at ladro.com
Mon Nov 22 20:53:31 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 01:34:28PM -0500, Sean Brown wrote:

> I have created a "spam" folder under my inbox.  When spam makes it past
> bogofilter without being caught, I move it to that folder.  Then, on a
> nightly basis I run this cron job:
>
> [all on one line]
> /usr/local/bin/bogofilter -vsB
> /var/qmail/mailnames/sean-brown.com/sean/Maildir/.spam/

Are you deleting your spam daily?  If not you'll continiously register
the same emails as spam.

Also have you checked to see that this actually updates your wordlist?
I would create an email with the word "qubertfoo" in it and do a
  bogoutil -w $BOGOFILTER_DIR/wordlist.db qubertfoo
to see what its original score is.  Then have cron run your script and
do it again.  Did bogoutil's output change?

How are you adding good emails to your list?  Or is that done through a
"-u"?  If so then you'll probably want to do a "-Ns" to clean up the
misclassified email as it was registered as good.  If you go that route
you might want to think of creating a "makespam" and "makegood"
directory to do this.

Chris