Training question

Sean Brown sean at sean-brown.com
Mon Nov 22 19:34:50 CET 2004

I'd like some input on training.  Thusfar I am not getting the results
I'd like to see from bogofilter (i.e., more SPAM is getting through than
I expected), so I thought I'd see if the way I am doing training is
reasonable.

Background:  qmail and Courier IMAP on RedHat 9.

I have created a "spam" folder under my inbox.  When spam makes it past
bogofilter without being caught, I move it to that folder.  Then, on a
nightly basis I run this cron job:

[all on one line]
/usr/local/bin/bogofilter -vsB
/var/qmail/mailnames/sean-brown.com/sean/Maildir/.spam/

Does this sound reasonable to all of you?  If not, what can I do
differently?

Sean