perl script - bogofilter /smtp daemon

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Thu Nov 18 12:49:59 CET 2004

Matthias Andree wrote:
> Using Postfix (instead of qmail) is recommended for various reasons,

Matthias,

I am familiar with your views on qmail and postfix and am not
particularly interested to hear them everytime postfix and qmail are
mentioned in the same breath.

This thread is not and specifically my post was not about MTA advocacy.
Please keep it that way.

 >>As the OP said, good though bogofilter is, blocking as much spam as
 >>possible at the initial SMTP conversation is a Good Idea (tm).
 >
 > Yes, if you can avoid false positives. If flawed concepts such as
 > "SPF" or "DUL" or revengeful black lists are used, the whole concept
 > of email via SMTP is in danger.

Personally, I think it is anyway. As long as mail can be sent via smtp
with little or no cost to the sender then the spam problem will just get
worse and worse until the whole infrastructure collapses.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com