multiple wordlists in 0.93.*

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Mon Nov 15 12:39:47 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> db_xinit() uses bogohome, a value which may or may not be related to the
> actual path.  I'm presently thinking that ds_init() and ds_cleanup()
> need to be called from open_wordlists() and close_wordlists().

Won't work. We have one lockfile per process, hence, one environment,
and one ds_init() per process.

Before we start fixing the details, we need to get our concept straight.

We have currently two initialization layers:

- database environment (this is locked by us)
- database             (this is locked by Berkeley DB in the environment)

Changing that so we can peek into somebody else's database is IMO a
flawed concept.