Integrating Bogofilter as Filter in Sylpheed Claws

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Nov 13 11:58:53 CET 2004

Charles A Edwards <eslrahc at bellsouth.net> writes:

> Well
> I do did not use -I in mine but simply used <, which works without
> problem with both bogofilter and claws irregardless of the message
> classification.
>
> Also of note is that if it is run as an action which calls a filter
> the call -I < Does perform as desired.

"-I filename" is equivalent to "< filename" in a shell.

The latter isn't available unless bogofilter is launched
from a shell though.

"-I < filename" is CERTAIN to fail with either
"Option -I requires an argument." (when run from a shell) or
"Can't read '<'"  (without shell). In either case, it will exit with
code 3, which sylpheed cannot handle.