transparency [was: database copying and compacting]

Robin Bowes robin-lists at robinbowes.com
Tue Nov 9 14:30:50 CET 2004

On Tue, November 9, 2004 12:24, David Relson said:

> A scan of /usr/include/db4.h shows that these can all be set via the
> API.  As an alternative to the separate DB_CONFIG file, why not expand
> bogofilter.cf to include these?  Possibly:
>
> DB_MAX_LOCKS=32768        # Maximum number of locks.
> DB_MAX_OBJECTS=32768      # Maximum number of locked objects.
> DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE=Yes/No  # Automatically remove log files.
> DB_TXN_DURABLE=Yes/No     # Log changes
>

> Matthias,
>

> What other flags might be useful?
>

> Clint and Robin,
>

> Would this be helpful?

Absolutely.

I would like to say that I appreciate all the work Matthias has done to
incorporate the transactional DB into bogofilter, but it does need to be
more transparent and I think that expanding bogofilter.cf to include the
Berkeley DB config options (and presumably modifying bogofilter et al to
do DB housekeeping in the background?) would go a long way towards this
goal.

R.
--
http://robinbowes.com