transparency

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Nov 9 14:19:16 CET 2004

David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> writes:

> At present, a number of DB_CONFIG options have been mentioned as useful.
> A quick scan of README.db and recent messages shows these four:
>
>     set_lk_max_objects  32768
>     set_lk_max_locks    32768
>     set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
>     set_flags DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE

I would not classify any of these as "useful" except perhaps
DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE (which is 4.2 specific). DB_TXN_NOT_DURABLE is
outright dangerous and defeats most of the purpose why we switched to
Transactional in the first place.

The lk_max* stuff are tuning figures, making these the default we'll
receive complaints about large __db.* files.

I haven't yet gotten around to review your "copy and update"
procedures/scripts inquiry (reasons in a personal mail off-list) but I'd
think we could offer generic bogocopy/bogomove and bogocompact or more
generic maintenance scripts, and a list of useful DB_CONFIG parameters
along with the minimum required (or maximum supported) BDB version is
also on my TODO list.