database copying and compacting

Jef Poskanzer jef at acme.com
Sun Nov 7 16:51:55 CET 2004

Question, is there an option in this version to not use the transactional
mode?  I don't feel too strongly about it, but if the flag is there
I'd use it.  I haven't had any database problems since a very early
version, and if I ever do have one I'll find out about it within a week
and be able to restore the previous week's db backup file.  With the
transactional code, it sounds like I won't even be able to make a valid
backup file without using this special script.
---
Jef

         Jef Poskanzer  jef at acme.com  http://www.acme.com/jef/