tri-state transition [was: bogofilter-0.93.0 - Significant Changes]

Andreas Pardeike andreas at pardeike.net
Sun Nov 7 13:51:27 CET 2004

On 7 nov 2004, at 13.33, Robin Bowes wrote:

> In the end I went with the new tags and modified my maildrop script to
> look for "X-Bogosity: Spam".
>
> I'm not sure that the "Unsure" status adds much to my situation. Let
> me discuss...
>
> I run bogofilter in pass-through mode (-p) in a maildrop script,
> filtering on the X-Bogosity header line. Spam (X-Bogosity: Yes|Spam)
> is put in the users' SPAM folder. Everything else (i.e. X-Bogosity:
> No|Ham|Unsure) is delivered as normal.
>
> I also use the -u option so messages are added to the wordlist
> automatically.
>
> If any spam is missed, the user can drop the message in a
> SPAM/Undetected folder from where it is re-processed from a script run
> from cron which essentially runs the message through bogofilter with
> the -Ns options.
>
> Any messages mistakenly classified as Spam can be dropped in a
> Spam/Misdetected folder from where they are re-processed using
> bogofilter with the -Sn options.
>
> So, I'm not sure how the "Unsure" classification contributes to my
> configuration. I may even consider reverting to the binary
> classification.

I'm in the same boat. Right now, my system works very well and I am
fearing a change. However, I would love to be up-to-date with the
latest versions. What should I do to my config file to keep the header
line the same as before while still getting the latest and greatest
from the new release?

Andreas Pardeike