support for multiple wordlists

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Tue May 18 15:10:43 CEST 2004

From: "Tom Allison" <tallison at tacocat.net>
> commas and such make me dizzy.  The order numbers (5,6,7,8) might be
> better replaced with a single paramater (eg: wordlist_order).  Also, the
> terms you've described above may have redundancy.  Isn't the ignore and
> 'R' redundant?  What happens when I have
> "wordlist=ignore, ~/ignorelist.db, 7, R" ???  (See your NOTE 3)

I think you misunderstood the first term... it's a name, not a type.  The R
and I are the types of the list.  No redundancy.  I like the idea of
excluding the order from the list declaration, and instead describing it
afterward.  However, an even easier way to do it would be to simply use the
position of the declaration as the indicator of precedence.  The first list
seen is the first one checked, etc.  Eg:

  wordlist=my_list, ~/wordlist.db, R
  wordlist=ignore_these, ~/ignoreist.db, I
  wordlist=fallback_list, /var/spool/bogofilter/wordlist.db, R

Tom