What is spam?

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Wed May 12 13:30:15 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 19:27, David Relson wrote:
> is valid.  I've got some doubts about the "over-sensitivity" clause.

It was my understanding that this was part of the impetus behind
implementing this in the first place.  Registering the same tokens over
and over again gives them more weight than they perhaps deserve, giving
the wordlist increased "momentum" toward the same classifications.
Desensitizing the wordlist allows quicker evolution in the face of new
spam.  I'd imagine the space-saving effect is minimal since incrementing
a counter does not require much, if any, additional space.

Tom