"fresh"meat

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 00:52:33 CET 2004

Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:

> On 20040326 (Fri) at 0005:36 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Greg Louis <glouis at dynamicro.on.ca> writes:
>>
>> > chuckle: I see that freshmeat has a new release announcement for
>> > bogofilter 0.16.4 (stable) as of about an hour ago.
>>
>> OK, you shall be the freshmeat announcements secretary from now on :)
>
> Oh, you mean _you_ did that?

No, I didn't - not this one.

> Ever since the demise of AppWatch I've been scornful about Freshmeat

"demise"? "oust" perhaps...

> occasionally giving "release notices" for software up to two years
> old.  I always thought it was their bad database code ;-)

No - it's usually some user feeling like updating a horribly outdated
record. They don't have employees that surf the web 24x7 for updates and
no automatic system but are dependent on user submissions. It's
"community driven" as it's called nowadays. DIY might also fit. :)

Seriously, if you have an interest in current fm records for bogofilter,
then just submit them once the sf.net or David Relson announcements on
this list are out - or find someone to submit that stuff.

You can do it offline if you wish, ESR has a freshmeat-submit script to
help, check http://www.catb.org/~esr/freshmeat-submit/