Problems with bogofilter getting stuck

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Mar 17 03:32:31 CET 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 04:15:05 +0200
Oded Arbel wrote:

> ____ _____ 17 ___ 2004, 03:31, ____ __ ___ David Relson:
> > On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 03:06:22 +0200
>
> > The looping behavior indicates that the database has a bad pointer.
>
> indeed db_verify complains about a lot of errors.
>
> > you.  There's also a db_recover in the package.
>
> I found db_recover, but while db_verify accepts a database file,
> db_recover apparently wants to be run with the "home of the db
> environment" and doesnot like to accept db files as a parameter. I
> tried to run it with /var/lib/bogofilter (where my wordlist file is)
> as the "home", but it just said :
> db_recover: Recovery complete at Wed Mar 17 04:14:52 2004
> db_recover: Maximum transaction id 80000000 Recovery checkpoint [0][0]
>
> and didn't do anything. googling also got me nowhere. can you please
> explain how can I fix the wordlist file ?

I've not used db_recover recently and am not too sure about it.  Try
"db_recover /var/lib/bogofilter/wordlist.db".

If that doesn't work, the best thing may be to delete your wordlist and
build it from scratch (using whatever ham and spam you have available).
It's not a wonderful solution, but it's relatively easy.