OT: Chunking the cruft - random lettered words

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Mon Mar 15 15:37:52 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 09:07, Eric Wood wrote:
> Let me say that I agree that modifications to bogofilter isn't necessary,
> but I'm still getting lots of spam slip through.  One kind of email is from
> infected computers wanting you to click on a yahoo link or ip address (been
> getting it for weeks now).   The link keeps changing but the format of the
> link is constant so I made:
>
> : B:
> * ^http://.*\*-http://.*
> spam
>
> Solved.  Okay, my only other nuscience email comes with lots of random words
> in it:

Unfortunately, you have to keep manually modifying this rule if the
author of the virus/spam/whatever changes the link format.

> wogwo gwoehg gjjdjgdd ......
>
> I've trained till I'm blue in the face.  The procmail list didn't yeild a
> magic rule to help me with this.  Does anyone have a trick for this kind of
> email?

Make sure your min_dev value is further from 0.5 than your robx.  This
way random words won't effect the classification.  The email will be
scored based on the non-random words.

Tom