Ignore lists

Jozef Hitzinger hitzinger at phobos.fphil.uniba.sk
Fri Mar 5 08:24:47 CET 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Tom Anderson wrote:

> If that's really what you wanted, then you could use procmail's "b" flag
> to just filter the body.  Otherwise, if you wanted some combination of
> header stripping and filtering, but then wanted the original back again,
> I think your prefilter would have to call bogofilter itself.  I don't
> see this as necessary though.

Nope, it should be Subject: & body (see my other mail) .. if my prefilter
calls bogofilter, how will I get the X-Bogosity to the original message?
This is the nontrivial part, and hat's why I still think the header filter
is better inside bogofilter.

> I would deliver messages modified the way bogofilter got them.  If
> bogofilter doesn't need to see the "X-Mailer: mPOP Web-Mail 2.19" or
> want to deliver the mail with those intact?  The recipient has no need
> to see these things, and generally doesn't anyway.  It cuts down on
> bandwidth and disk usage to just leave them out.  I prefer the sanitized
> version of the email.

Ok. Obviously, if I'd like to "sanitize" messages passed to bogofilter to
the point of leaving just Subject: & body, it's not suitable for actual
delivery.

--
jozef  :-)