Ignore lists

Tom Anderson tanderso at oac-design.com
Thu Mar 4 15:04:04 CET 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 04:22, Jozef Hitzinger wrote:
> In your scenario, I'd need to "fork" the message, strip one copy and let
> bogofilter chew on it; then somehow get the result back and add the
> header to original.

If that's really what you wanted, then you could use procmail's "b" flag
to just filter the body.  Otherwise, if you wanted some combination of
header stripping and filtering, but then wanted the original back again,
I think your prefilter would have to call bogofilter itself.  I don't
see this as necessary though.

> So do you deliver messages with headers stripped, emphasis added and
> suchlike, or how have you overcame this issue? I'm not saying you're doing
> something bad, I'm just hoping maybe you found an easy way around this.

I would deliver messages modified the way bogofilter got them.  If
bogofilter doesn't need to see the "X-Mailer: mPOP Web-Mail 2.19" or
want to deliver the mail with those intact?  The recipient has no need
to see these things, and generally doesn't anyway.  It cuts down on
bandwidth and disk usage to just leave them out.  I prefer the sanitized
version of the email.

Tom