Bogofilter-0.92.0 - New Stable Release

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jun 27 18:03:28 CEST 2004

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:32:30 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

> BogoFilter's README has apparently not been updated since September,
> 2003.  Clearly some of the information therein scores highly on the
> bogometer.  What parts are still correct?
>
> I am also confused by CHANGES-* and RELEASE.NOTES-* files which seem
> to have little/nothing to do with this release.

Hi Bob,

Good questions!  I hope you don't mind if I CC my reply to the
bogofilter mailing list.

When there's a major change in functionality, there's a corresponding
RELEASE.NOTES* file.  The changes from 0.17.5 to 0.92 have all been
relatively minor -- mostly code cleanups, fixes for some minor bugs,
documentation updates, etc.

It's been 10 weeks or so since the last stable release (0.17.5).  Since
the 0.9x series has been doing well, it seemed time for a promotion from
"current" to "stable" status.  The CHANGES-0.9x file gives the changes
since 0.17.5.

You're right about the README not having been updated in a while.
There's not been a whole lot new neede there :-)  However, I've made
some changes (see attachment).  If there's a need for other changes,
please let me know.

Regards,

David