trying to compile 64bit

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Thu Jun 17 16:11:06 CEST 2004

rkimber at ntlworld.com writes:

> I'm trying to compile bogofilter-0.91.3 on my shiny new dual opteron,
> with a Suse 9.1 system that I don't know much about.
>
> I have db4 installed and regardless of whether I specify --with-db=/usr/lib64, I get an error:-

The option would be --with-libdb-prefix, but I doubt that will work.

Please type:

yast -i db-devel

Then try:

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/db4 ./configure

Note it is not sensible to compile bogofilter in 64-bit mode, everything
is 32-bit internally, so going 64-bit is wasteful without benefit.

The only exception would be systems that execute 32-bit code a lot
slower than 64-bit code - this isn't the case for the Athlon64 series
and siblings.

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95