Strange error suddenly appears

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Fri Jun 11 00:13:36 CEST 2004

On 6/10/2004 at 5:15 PM David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>The TEMPFAIL status indicates bogofilter has encountered a problem.  A
>recent revision to the database open code causes trouble if there are
>simultaneously running copies of bogofilter that want to open the
>wordlist with write permission.  The workaround is to use procmail's
>locking capability so that only one bogofilter runs at a time.  Changing
>":0c" to ":0c:" (and ":0fw" to ":0fw:") should be all that's needed.

Thank you, David.  That almost worked.

Changing ":0c" to ":0c:" gave the warning:

procmail: Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "bogofilter"

So I think we have to give it an explicit lockfile name:

:0c:bogofilter.lck

It seems to work okay now, and so far it has not been necessary to also lock

:0fw
# score for spamicity
| bogofilter -epl -d/home/bogofilter

Greg McCann