ignore list permissions [ was: Documentation ... ]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Tue Jun 8 16:24:53 CEST 2004

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 06:58:58 -0700
Greg McCann wrote:

> On 6/8/2004 at 7:32 AM David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:
>
> >I'll look into the timestamp problem :-)
>
> Thank you, David.  I should probably mention that the problem is a
> little more significant than just the timestamp of ignorelist.db being
> updated.  On my system, the main wordlist is chmod 666, so it can be
> updated by users.  I tried to make my ignorelist 644, since read-only
> access should be enough for it, but that caused "-eps" wordlist
> updates to fail:
>
> bogofilter: (db) DB->open(/home/bogofilter/ignorelist.db) - actually
> /home/bogofilter/ignorelist.db bogohome: /home/bogofilter -, err: 13,
> Permission denied
>
> The problem went away with chmod 666 ignorelist.db.  Bogofilter seems
> to be trying to open ignorelist.db for writing, even though it only
> needs read access.
>

> Greg McCann

Greg,

Thanks for the reminder.

I thought of that while walking home after walking my daughter to
school.  Now to change the relevant line of code.

You are absolutely right.  The bogofilter executable never needs to
write to an ignore list.  Bogoutil handles that task.

The change has been made in CVS and will be in version 0.91.2