Documentation for new features?

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Tue Jun 8 15:58:58 CEST 2004

On 6/8/2004 at 7:32 AM David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>I'll look into the timestamp problem :-)

Thank you, David.  I should probably mention that the problem is a little more significant than just the timestamp of ignorelist.db being updated.  On my system, the main wordlist is chmod 666, so it can be updated by users.  I tried to make my ignorelist 644, since read-only access should be enough for it, but that caused "-eps" wordlist updates to fail:

bogofilter: (db) DB->open(/home/bogofilter/ignorelist.db) - actually /home/bogofilter/ignorelist.db bogohome: /home/bogofilter -, err: 13, Permission denied

The problem went away with chmod 666 ignorelist.db.  Bogofilter seems to be trying to open ignorelist.db for writing, even though it only needs read access.

Greg McCann