many users

Tom Allison tallison at tacocat.net
Mon Jun 7 02:13:55 CEST 2004

I think I just figured out why spam filtering is such a pain in the neck.

I want to set up my new mail server to run spam filtering for more than
one account (5 really, but let's pretend it's 500).

Setting up individual user accounts might not be practical.
I can easily enough add them all with /bin/false as their login shell
and not have an issue with security.  But now I have a lot of files to
manage.

This makes bogofilter for many users difficult to impliment.

It makes any spam filtering methodologies that I'm aware of difficult to
impliment.

Any suggestions?