support for multiple wordlists

Pavel Kankovsky peak at argo.troja.mff.cuni.cz
Sat Jun 5 17:15:11 CEST 2004

On Mon, 17 May 2004, David Relson wrote:

> > How about this:
> > wordlist=whitelist, ~/ignorelist.db, 5, I
> > wordlist=global_zoology_whitelist,
> > http://blah.org/bogofilter/ignorelists/zoology.db, 6, I
> > wordlist=primary, ~/wordlist.db, 7, R
> > wordlist=system, /var/spool/bogofilter/wordlist.db, 8, R
> > wordlist=zoology_spamtrap,
> > http://blah.org/bogofilter/wordlists/spamtraps/zoology.db, 9, R
> > wordlist=general_spamtrap,
> > http://blah.org/bogofilter/wordlists/spamtraps/general.db, 9, R
> >
> > Where, obviously, people could maintain wordlists and ignorelists for
> > select groups of people with similar kinds of email.  The above likely
> > belonging to a zoologist.  Being able to retrieve wordlists from
> > remote sites (perhaps cached once a day locally, or else searched one
> > token at a time remotely via some server-side code) I think would be a
> > huge advantage.
>
> Again, I don't see value in adding "remote database" code to bogofilter.
>  wget and rsync already exist and can do retrievals perfectly well.

What about an addition (optional?) field for an external source of the
database (eg. an URL). The field would be purely informational for
Bogofilter but people could make scripts looking at Bf's configuration
and fetching "remote" databases from their external sources.

Eg:

wordlist=global_zoology_whitelist, ~/zoology.db, 6, I, http://blah.org/bogofilter/ignorelists/zoology.db
wordlist=general_spamtrap,         ~/general.db, 9, R, rsync://blah.org/bogofilter/wordlists/spamtraps/general.db
         tag                    local file    prio type   external source

A utility script would grok this info (directly? using bogofilter -Q?) and
fetch a current version of zoology.db using wget and general.db using
rsync.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."