ClamAV detecting Virus in 0.92.1 tarball

Stefan Bellon sbellon at sbellon.de
Sat Jul 10 22:47:49 CEST 2004

Janne Nikula wrote:
> * Adam Mercer <r.a.mercer at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > When I scan my system for virus', ClamAV is picking in up one
> > inside the bogofilter 0.92.1 tarball
> >
> > /home/ram/bogofilter-0.92.1.tar.bz2: Exploit.IFrame.Gen FOUND
> >
> > I imagine that this is nothing to worry about but maybe an FAQ about
> > this would clear things up.

> To be more precise, when the tarball is extracted, the file that
> triggers ClamAV's scanner is
> "bogofilter-0.92.1/src/tests/inputs/rmail.1.mbx".

"rmail" ... that rings a bell: When I ported Bogofilter to RISC OS
(which still uses the old rmail mailbox format), I sent David a few
randomly selected rmails from my inbox to show why rmail support is
needed.

As RISC OS uses ARM processors which are not x86 compatible, I have no
need whatsoever to check for viruses. Would some kind soul please check
the file in question whether it really contains a virus? If so, I feel
very sorry, but until right now I was even unaware that David added my
sample mails to the distribution.

--
Stefan Bellon