ClamAV detecting Virus in 0.92.1 tarball

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Jul 10 22:40:21 CEST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Janne Nikula wrote:

> To be more precise, when the tarball is extracted, the file that
> triggers ClamAV's scanner is
> "bogofilter-0.92.1/src/tests/inputs/rmail.1.mbx".

This appears to be a packaging error of some sort, the file isn't part
of bogofilter's test suite in CVS, but looking at the ClamAV report (I
can reproduce this), it seems harmless unless the test mbx file is
loaded into a HTML aware mailer.

I'll make some changes to avoid picking up "strange" files from a work
directory, so we won't see this problem again.

I'll be handling the 0.92.2 release in David's stead and will make sure
we don't have this file in the 0.92.2 tarball.

Thanks for your reports!

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)