A suggestion on bogofilter option -s and -n

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jul 1 19:25:10 CEST 2004

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:48:47 +0800
Wang Jian wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No one seems to have interest in this suggestion, so I make a patch
> against 0.91.4 first for review. Because I am having a headache now, I
> hack this patch in a hurry and haven't tested it thoroughly, it looks
> fine. It's just a proof-of-concept.
>
> Relson, if you this is a good idea, I will make a patch for the latest
> version of bogofilter later.

Hi lark,

The code looks like it should work.  Let me know if it does what you
need.

You got lucky in having 'g' included in OPTIONS in bogoconfig.c.  It
used to select the graham algorithm, and should have been deleted when
the graham algorithm went away.

I was thinking of naming it "--train-on-error" and having the option
toggle a mode flag.

Creation of patches, as you have done, is much preferable to requesting
features.  Thank you.

Regards,

David

P.S. I know the chinese custom is to use family name in addressing
people, but (being american) I prefer to be addressed as "David".