Dealing with wordlist mails

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 14:35:21 CET 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:09:24 -0500
David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

<snip>

> If you check the FAQ documents that bogofilter includes, I
> know you'll find info on min_dev and robx.  I don't think
> the random-words subject is addressed :-<

I think min-dev is there, but that robx is not (it is
obviously in the manual).  Even if robx was there and dealt
with in much the same way as min_dev, I doubt that users at
my level of inexpertise would be able to hit on a sensible
strategy to deal with random words.  I have in mind a very
simple FAQ entry, with a few example settings.

What the statistically-challenged amongst us need is a nice
gui with a probability-of-rejection slider graduated
from "Will block only obvious spam" to "May treat your
grandma as a spammer".

> If you, or anyone else, wants to put together an FAQ entry
> (using info from the mailing list), I'll be glad to edit
> it and add it to the FAQ.

I am not sure I could do a good job, but if no wiser person
volunteers I may have a go.

> Now, I've got to go to work ...

Have a good day.

Geoff