Dealing with wordlist mails

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Wed Jan 28 14:09:24 CET 2004

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:02:52 +0000
Geoff wrote:

> David,
>
> Your work-rate on bogofilter is so high that I hestitate to
> suggest that you should do the job, but surely
> the random-words / min_dev / robx issue would benefit from
> an entry in the FAQ?  Bogofilter is a success and is
> attracting many users, who, like me, have only the
> vaguest grasp of its underlying theory.  The spammer's
> random words technique drives lots of us wild and I think
> that there are many who would be willing to accept a slight
> trade-off in accuracy in favour of more effective first-hit
> filtration.
>
> Geoff

Geoff,

Good idea...

If you check the FAQ documents that bogofilter includes, I know you'll
find info on min_dev and robx.  I don't think the random-words subject
is addressed :-<

If you, or anyone else, wants to put together an FAQ entry (using info
from the mailing list), I'll be glad to edit it and add it to the FAQ.

Now, I've got to go to work ...