Dealing with wordlist mails

David Fries dfries at mail.win.org
Wed Jan 28 13:57:08 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:27:36AM -0500, David Relson wrote:
> In practice, random words in spam messages have little effect.  If you
> want more detail on how bogofilter classified a 0.500000 message, run it
> with flags "-vv" and "-vvv".  The FAQ has info on the output generated
> with those flag settings.
>
> David

If they have such little effect then why are they the only e-mail that
seems to get through these days and I'm wanting a filter that actually
deals with this problem?  Are you saying these e-mails aren't getting
through to you?  This is the most spam since I've started using
bogofilter.  The other problem spam were mostly removing comments and
invalid html tags and it was back to being detected, now I don't know
what to do.

http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,61886,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_3
Here is an article from wired saying on some spam filters that would
see what they called 'hash busters' as a sign of spam.  I don't know
what would be a hash buster, but maybe it is just seeing a lot of new
words relative to the words that are in our dictionary.

My current database is over nine megs and it used to be around 1 meg
before these darn e-mails started showing up.

--
David Fries <dfries at mail.win.org>
http://fries.net/~david/pgpkey.txt