What is a spamicity of exactly 0.5?

Jason A. Smith jazbo at jazbo.dyndns.org
Tue Jan 27 17:38:50 CET 2004

The builtin defaults do normally do a pretty good job, except with the
new random word spam that I have started getting.  These spam usually
get a score around 0.5 and will probably continue to do so until my
database gets bigger.

Also, I would just like to be able to run the bogotune command without
having to wait until my ham & spam folders reach some arbitrary limit.
All I am asking for is that these minimum 2k limits be made more of a
recommendation with a strong warning instead of a hard limit.  Why
completely prevent a user from using the bogotune command?  Sure the
generated parameters may not be as accurate, but they still might be
useful.  I think a warning telling the user that rerunning with more
statistics later will result in better parameters is sufficient, instead
of this hard limit and getting this message when trying to run it:

Bogotune must be run with at least 2000 of each.

Can an option be added to bogotune to disable this hard limit?

~Jason