cgi script doesn't import bogofilter output

Chris Fortune cfortune at telus.net
Fri Jan 23 01:58:52 CET 2004

This is probably a *nix permissions question, but maybe not, since bogofilter is the only program that gives me this problem.  I
have a perl script that calls bogofilter in this way:

        $res = `bogofilter -T < $filename`;
        $exitcode = $? >> 8;

It works well from the command line, spitting out the expected Terse output (eg: "H 0.00804545"), and exitcode 0 or 1.  But, when I
run it from the web (a cgi demo for my partner), $res is empty and exitcode is always 139.

Thanks