Compile problem - libdb

Henri van Riel bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 20:44:22 CET 2004

Monday, January 19, 2004, 10:05:44 AM, you wrote:

pac> On 19 Jan 2004 at 8:39, Henri van Riel wrote:

>> MA> db 1.85 is said to be slow, and SleepyCat, the BerkeleyDB company,
>> MA> recommend against using it. We already have a slow DB module, TDB,
>> we
>> MA> don't need another. :-)
>>
>> Another reason for me to try libdb3 ;) I need to take a few days off
>> work ;)

pac> Why not try the static build of bogofilter?
pac> There is a static build (with Berkely DB libraries built in)
pac> in the RPM package format on the download page
pac> The most recent build seems to be:
pac> bogofilter-static-0.15.13.2-2.i586.rpm.

pac> In my experience the static builds work out of the box,
pac> though I am not sure if SUSE uses/likes RPM packages.
pac> However, if you extract the bogofilter_static and bogoutil_static
pac> executables from the package, they should run OK when put in the
pac> usual place (/usr/local/bin)

Because it's huge and because I need to run on a libc5 and a uClibc
based system. The rpm version isn't statically linked to libc6 is it?

So I need to compile Bogofilter and pick a database that will compile
on libc5 and uClibc (not necessarily though).

--
Best regards,
 Henri                            mailto:bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl