Ignore case

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Mon Jan 19 14:34:02 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:40:11 +0000
Geoff <capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of my naive-user questions follows.
>
> I have just moved from 0.15.13.2 to 0.16.3 and I see that
> ignore case (-Pi), is no longer supported.  I was just
> wondering why?  I know that it decreases accuracy, but for
> some the trade-off may be acceptable.
>
> Am I right in thinking that setting ignore_case to true in
> globals.c will reverse the current behaviour?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Geoff

Geoff,

As you've likely seen, releases 0.16 and 0.17 are known as the "Code
Clean-up Releases", specifically "Phase 1" and "Phase 2".  Over the
period of its existence, bogofilter has evolved.  New versions have
often had options for backwards compatibility.  As we're preparing for
version 1.0, the accumulated backwards compatibility options are going
away.  In 0.16.0 they have been deprecated, i.e. the code is still
present, is disabled, and needs configure option
--enable-deprecated-code to be used.  In 0.17.0 the code will be
removed.

File RELEASE.NOTES-0.16 gives more information on the changes.

If you _really_ want ignore_case, you'll have to create a patch for 0.17
and apply it to future releases.

Hope this explains matters.