Compile problem - libdb

pgb at adelard.com pgb at adelard.com
Mon Jan 19 10:05:44 CET 2004

On 19 Jan 2004 at 8:39, Henri van Riel wrote:

> MA> db 1.85 is said to be slow, and SleepyCat, the BerkeleyDB company,
> MA> recommend against using it. We already have a slow DB module, TDB,
> we
> MA> don't need another. :-)
>
> Another reason for me to try libdb3 ;) I need to take a few days off
> work ;)

Why not try the static build of bogofilter?
There is a static build (with Berkely DB libraries built in)
in the RPM package format on the download page
The most recent build seems to be:
bogofilter-static-0.15.13.2-2.i586.rpm.

In my experience the static builds work out of the box,
though I am not sure if SUSE uses/likes RPM packages.
However, if you extract the bogofilter_static and bogoutil_static
executables from the package, they should run OK when put in the
usual place (/usr/local/bin)

--
Peter Bishop
pgb at adelard.com