Compile problem - libdb

Henri van Riel bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 00:29:48 CET 2004

Hi again!

> You're making progress.  You compiler is on the old side, but the
> problem is more in the header files.  The good news is that the fix is
> easy (I think).  Add the following three lines before the last non-empty
> line in file src/system.h

> #ifndef __attribute__
> #define __attribute__(x)
> #endif

> There may well be additional problems, but this should get you a bit
> further.  Assuming there are additional messages, post the first 10 or
> 15 error messages.  We'll address the problems one (or two) at a time.
> David

It's made a huge difference! The executables are built though I saw a
few warnings flying by ;) Compilation ended with an error though, just
one, and here it is:

bogogrep.c: In function `main':
bogogrep.c:81: `MAP_FAILED' undeclared (first use this function)
bogogrep.c:81: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
bogogrep.c:81: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [bogogrep.o] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I don't think this is a major problem because the main executable did
roll out of the compiler looking in tip-top shape and this is
something from the contrib directory. Still, I might need it / want it
;)

Thanks for helping me put this together!

--
Henri.