Compile problem - libdb

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Sun Jan 18 21:31:04 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:05:25 +0100
Henri van Riel <bogo at vanriel.xs4all.nl> wrote:

...[snip]....

> I tried the #1 option and I got the tdb tarball (1.0.6) and build the
> library. I changed the configure options for Bogofilter into:
>
>   --with-database=tdb --with-libtdb-prefix=/usr/local
>
> Configure ends without a problem and the Makefile is generated.
> However, make returns an error (sorry... long):

...[snip]...

> You might say I have no clue whatsoever as to what causes this
> problem. I think maybe my compiler is a bit too old for this... :(
>
> But maybe somebody here has a different idea. If so, I'll be glad to
> hear it.

You're making progress.  You compiler is on the old side, but the
problem is more in the header files.  The good news is that the fix is
easy (I think).  Add the following three lines before the last non-empty
line in file src/system.h

#ifndef	__attribute__
#define	__attribute__(x)
#endif

There may well be additional problems, but this should get you a bit
further.  Assuming there are additional messages, post the first 10 or
15 error messages.  We'll address the problems one (or two) at a time.