Bogofilter - 0.16.0 - Code Clean-up Release - Phase 1

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Jan 1 23:55:19 CET 2004

Greetings,

Bogofilter-0.16.0 is the new "current" release.  It is officially the
"Code Clean-up Release - Phase 1".  Unofficially it's known as the
"deprecated code release".

The main change is that a lot of old compatibility code is now
bracketed by "#ifdef ENABLE_DEPRECATED_CODE" and "#endif" statements.
By default bogofilter will build with this code disabled.  If you need
it, use "configure --enable-deprecated-code".

A second change is that the binary rpms are now built with BerkeleyDB
4.1.  If you have an older version of BerkeleyDB, you will need to build
bogofilter from source.  Configure option "--with-libdb-prefix={path}"
will likely be needed.

File RELEASE.NOTES-0.16 has details of the changes.  It is recommended
reading!!

A new file, diff.01513.0160.bz2 has a context diff ("diff -c") between
the previous stable release, bogofilter-0.15.13, and this release.

SourceForge is experiencing a problem which prevents my doing the
necessary magic to release the files there.  I'll do that as soon as I
can.  As a temporary measure, I've put the files on my ftp server.  As
it has limited upload speed, if you can, please use the diff file.  The
files are at:

   ftp://ftp.osagesoftware.com/pub/outgoing/bogofilter/0.16.0/

Happy New Year!