train on viruses?

Jef Poskanzer jef at acme.com
Tue Feb 24 20:30:49 CET 2004

I don't train bogofilter on viruses because viruses never reach my
bogofilter.  I have two lines of defense before bogofilter, and they
basically don't let any viruses through.

1) In my sendmail config, I reject all mail with Content-Type: multipart/mixed.

2) In my procmail config, I send any mail containing a Windoze executable to
a junk folder.

Note that getting rid of multipart/mixed also cuts my spam down to a trickle.
I highly recommend it.  Here's the sendmail.mc code:

LOCAL_RULESETS

KMultipartMarker regex -f -aMULTIPART multipart/mixed.*

HContent-Type:		$>CheckContentType

SCheckContentType
R$+			$: $(MultipartMarker $1 $)
RMULTIPART		$#error $: "553 Due to widespread abuse, email with attached files is no longer permitted here. If you want your mail to get through, send it as plain text."