train on viruses?

Dan Singletary dvsing at sonicspike.net
Tue Feb 24 20:28:38 CET 2004

Chris,

I have found it much more effective to run a virus scanner on the
message prior to processing by bogofilter (in procmailrc).   If the
virus scanner (clamav, in this case) catches a virus in the message, it
goes straight to /dev/null and bogofilter never sees it.  Bogofilter
isn't that great at catching viruses that widely vary their subject
lines as well as spoof senders addresses.  In my opinion, it's better to
use a tool designed to catch viruses and weed them out first.  Running
clamav has become a necessity with all of the recent email worms
bouncing around.

-Dan