bogofilter -u let's spam come through

Greg McCann greg at cambria.com
Sat Feb 21 02:29:40 CET 2004

On 2/20/2004 at 7:16 PM David Relson <relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

>I'm with Tom - lock it down.
>
>My 5 user domain shares a wordlist that's permitted 640, which works
>fine with "-u".

Hi David,

Would you please explain how you get that to work correctly?  When I set up bogofilter on my system, I found (if I recall correctly) that sendmail was running processes called from ~/.procmailrc with the permissions of the user receiving the mail.  Since bogofilter -u was, in effect, being run by all users I thought I had to chmod 666 the wordlists.  In fact, I couldn't get it to work until I did.

Greg McCann