bogofilter -u let's spam come through

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Fri Feb 20 21:26:23 CET 2004

Okay,

I'm still running bogofilter-0.15.8-1.

Two days ago I ran:
# bogoutil -c1 -a30 -m wordlist.db
CTRL-C'd to stop it as it was taking too long and procmail's were building
up.

# bogoutil -d ./wordlist.db | bogoutil -l ./new.db
# mv ./new.db ./wordlist.db

This resulted in a new wordlist.db almost half the origninal size.

Now after two days, only half the spam is being caught.  I'm feverishly
doing the bogofilter -Ns trick.

So I got the bright idea to change "* ? bogofilter -u" to just "* ?
bogofilter" in our shared procmail file.   Presto - no more spam - all day!

I just switched it back to using "-u" and spam is comming through.   Any
words of wisdom?

thanks,
-Eric Wood