bogofilter on Mac OSX?

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Tue Dec 28 23:43:05 CET 2004

John <xd890cc2b41c31d74 at f4n.org> writes:

> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 22:31:13 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> > What's needed is probably a "--with"-flag for libdb's include dir
>> > (bogofilter looks for <db.h> and not <db[34]/db.h>) to prevent loading
>> > the system /usr/include/db.h. Notice that FreeBSD names the library
>> > libdb[34], whereas OpenBSD and OS X uses libdb.
>>
>> The question is why it tries /usr/include before your prefix.
> It probably does, but as I said it tries libdb-prefix/include, whereas
> the headers are kept in (for example) /usr/local/include/db4. If there
> was a --with-libdb-include one could specify it to be
> /usr/local/include/db4, where the correct db.h can be found.

Is there anything that the Fink project would patch that might give rise
to the nonstandard --with-libdb-prefix-db option? Otherwise I'll have to
take something from README.freebsd and adjust.

I'd be grateful if someone could provide me with the list of files that
the Fink db* packages install. (something like rpm -ql package or
dpkg -L package or pkg_info -L package or tar -tzvf package.tgz or whatever
they use)

>> > Btw, if things should be kept simple in README.osx: Apple's Developer
>> > tools uses gcc, I think xlc users can figure out CC=xlc. Also, "HP
>> > Gnome Desktop" (HP?) is probably far less common than fink.
>>
>> The configure script checks for xlc if gcc is not found...

> Then I guess the second last paragraph can be removed from README.osx?

I have reworded it to state the compiler is detected automatically but
can be overridden with the CC= variable.